Writers Trying to be Less Fat

• 4 replies
Writers Trying to be Less Fat
« on: February 04, 2018, 08:08:22 AM »

I need to start working out again. (I've been making excuses.)

Re: Writers Trying to be Less Fat
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:30:48 PM »
I feel I have to say this image evokes an unhappy sadness in me. Well, I don't *have* to, but I choose to.

That looks like a perfectly wonderful hippo to me. And unicorns are creations from fairy tales, like sleeping beauties and girls with undathomly long blonde hair except that in those two cases it's possible to find universal attitudes embedded in the images and the stories they live in that are variously interesting and instructive.

It strikes me now that this (the above) could be misconstrued as me having unicorn-issues. I don't. But I just got carried away because that image above makes me sad.

Anyway. I could do with losing a few pounds. What I found useful and not that hard to manage (until I was invited to a New Year party) was a time restricted diet.

This is easier than me trying to explain it. But after the first few nights when I had to water drink some hunger pangs away it became pretty easy to maintain and I was gradually losing weight without worrying especially what I ate. But even without the weight loss it's good (and sciencey) because it promotes muscle retention and related whatnots:

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 10:43:23 PM »
That looks like a perfectly wonderful hippo to me.

... hippo???

:D

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 11:57:52 PM »
It was very late and past my bedtime when I posted that XD

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 11:55:37 AM »
We walked 12 kilometers on Saturday (new Pokemon release day). And then I was a slug all day yesterday; my knee was in rebellion. I should have worn my brace.

It's doing better since my accident last summer, but I seriously doubt it's going to be up to mountain terrain with a heavy pack by this summer. There's still some muscle weakness.